Proper Social Media Protocol
With the ever changing advances in communication technology, it becomes necessary to adhere to
certain protocols and etiquette to ensure Our Members, Our Organization, and Our Cause, remain in a
proactive stance in the public eye.
When using Social Media portals such as: Face Book, Twitter, My Space, etc., please adhere to the
1. Any time you use a Confederate Symbol, The Stainless Banner, The SCV Logo, any other Symbol,
Logo, or Text that defines yourself as part of the Sons of Confederate Veterans or the Sons of
Confederate Veterans Mechanized Cavalry, you are acting as a representative of our organization and
should conduct yourself accordingly. Example.., your face book profile has a photo of you wearing
your vest with Stainless Banner.
2. The Stainless Banner (Back patch) or any other Confederate Flag should at No Time be displayed in
any manner, which may be considered disrespectful or inappropriate. These are sacred emblems that
should be displayed with Affection, Reverence, and Devotion.
3. Refrain from using vulgar gestures or inappropriate display when posting photographs – what may
be acceptable between you and your buddy from Friday night can be easily taken out of context and
used negatively against us.
4. We are entitled to our own thoughts and opinions. However, when commenting on the latest post
you see on your account, refrain from using negative and vulgar comments that may be considered
threatening or slanderous. Negative retaliation is stooping to the opposition's level. We must react with
Positive reinforcement in arguing our position.
5. When copying and posting events or meetings involving members of the SCV or SCVMC, please
observe privacy by not posting full addresses, emails, phone numbers, or names unless you have
permission. Unfortunately, the trolls of the internet world use this information to hijack accounts, locate
private properties, etc.
6. Unless your comment is in a Private message or Text, it is available to anyone on the receiver's
friend list. If you must send a questionable message, do so in a private manner that only you and the
receiver have access. Postings directed to you personally are still visible by others, only Private
messages are restricted.
7. Failure to comply with these protocols may result in disciplinary action.
Approved by Col. Kevin Stone- Commanding